Imprint

Login Form

Register new account  ]
Lost Password?  ]
Resend Activation EMail  ]

Syndicate

RFC: EETFL Rules
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    European ETF League - EETFL Forum Index -> EETFL - Season 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: RFC: EETFL Rules Reply with quote

Here is my first draft of the eetfl season 12 rules.

The rules are based on the old rules from ST8, but with some major changes.

Any comments should be posted here.

Code:
European ETF League Rules
- Season 12 -

Hello and welcome to Season 12 of the European ETF League.
Please make sure you read and understand this rules and the season format completly.

For any questions regarding these rules please contact an admin using the "contact us"-form above or in irc://irc.quakenet.org/kgeetfl

Format:

0. The League is played 8vs8, CTF only.

1. There is only one division as long as less then 12 Teams signed up. If more then 12 Teams sign up, then divisions of 6-8 Clans will be created. Classification of the Teams will be done by League Admins, relying on previous results.

2. The league section of the EETFL is played as Round Robin Tournament

3. The league section will be followed by a ladder based playoff on a 1-day or weekend event. See details below.

4. If a Clan does not have access to a server it will be played on a league server.
If the league cannot provide one for them then that Clan will have to play it's home map on it's opponents server.

5. The fixtures with default matchdays will be published after the signup is closed.

6. Clans are required to submit all challenges on the League system. Only the round robin matches related to the clan, can be seleted.

7. There will be a different mappool of 5 maps each, for every round. One of them has to be selected by each clan when submitting the challenge.

8. The league Admins will decide on the official map pool for each round.

9. New Clans can only signup to the league at season start. During the season no new clans are allowed.

10. If a clan drops during the season, the matches already played, will stand. All upcoming matches result in a default-Win for the other clan.

11. The ranking is based on points. These are calculated mainly by the number of wins. If two clan have the same number of wins, the number of caps decides the rank.

12. Any attempt to cheat will result in a disqualification for the clan for that season and a lifetime ban for the player.

Matches:

1. Matches will consist of two 30 minute maps. One played on each Clans server on the scheduled matchday. If the match has started, there is no option to defer the 2nd map to another date.

2. ALL league matches must be played by and according to the published league schedule

3. Its highly recommendet to play on the default matchday (Sunday, 21:00 CET)! If BOTH teams agree, they can request to defer the Match to a later date or another time. (You can arrange a prior Match-TIME, but not a prior DAY!) The match must then be played within 1 Week.
Such requests has to be submitted to a league admin by representatives of BOTH teams, until one day before scheduled match-start.

3b. If a Team can not or don't want to play one specific match, he can decline the challenge. The other Team will then get a default win. (+2 Pts.)
If a clan declined a match, intentionally or not, it cant be changed anymore.

4. If only one clan is present at the scheduled date & time, he has to wait 15min for other clan to connect. If then still no one there, contact league admin immeadiately, for a def-win.

5. If not one of both clans are present, and no match defer was requested by representatives of both teams, both will get a penality of -2 Points.

6. Team sizes for every map is max 8 players.

7. Teams must field a minimum of 6 players. If a Clan fails to do this they must forfeit the match.

8. By default, all matches are to be started with ceasefire. If both clans agree, matchmode can be used, too.

9. Team kills on

10. Sniper Limit 1 on all maps, if sniper isn't denied by map config. No other Classlimit.

11. No Anti spam rule

12. Match Admins are not required for League matches. (only for Playoffs)

13. No spectators other than those authorised by the league unless the clans agree differently

14. Team talk only during matches! Abuse of mm1 will be tracked by the admins. Such abuse should be primarly warned and then punished in appropriate matter according to the level of abuse. PS. Due to this rule being relatively unexact, some mm1 will be tolerated, which is meant in a good manner. :)

15. Allowed to play for a clan are only those players, who are listed in the clan "members" section on the clanlist page. This list has to be submitted before the beginning of the season, later additions are possible, see next rule.

16. If a member of a clan wishes to change his/her clan, he has to be removed from the old teams' roster and added to the new one's before he can play. The transfer must also be posted/confirmed by at least 1 of the relevant clans on the "Player Transfer" board. Nonconfirmed clanchanges will be considered as fictive and hence the player will be considered as a ringer in his "new" clan.

17. A player is entitled for only one clanchange each season

18. After the team has played its last league section game, its roster will be locked for the playoff until the next season

19. It's not allowed to play for more then one clan in the same league.

20. Ringers are not allowed by default, unless the clans agree differently. For retrace reasons this also has to be noted by BOTH Teams in the 'Additional info' field when sending a challenge. (RINGERS ALLOWED for example)
Alternativly contact a league admin before the match to inform that ringers are allowed.
If a clan uses ringer or nickfaker while not accepted by both clans, it is evaluated as a unfair action, resulting in a -1 points penalty for the clan.

21. The names in the Memberlist have to be used for matches! Fakenicks are not allowed at all and result in -1 penalty for the clan.

22. 2 points will be awarded for each round won, 1 points will be awarded for a draw and 0 points for a lose

23. Results always have to be posted to the league system by the loosing team!

Playoff:

1. The league section will be followed by a ladder based playoff on a 1-day or weekend event.
Every Clan in the League then has the option to challenge the Clan who is in the position above himself on the ladder; starting with the last place.
For example, 8th can challenge 7th, and winner will take the upper position. Then 7th can challenge 6th, and so on.

2. Playoffs will be played 2 rounds of 30min on each of the Homemaps. If both clans win one round (tied) then the Cap difference decides. If then still no winner, the raw number of caps decide.

3. Match Admins are compulsory. An admin from one of the Clans playing should not be used unless both clans agree!

Server:

1. All servers used for matches must be password protected

2. All servers used must be located in Europe by default. US Server are also possible but needs to be confirmed by a league admin. As a guideline, all eastcoast located server with good interconnection will be allowed. Railbait for example is ok.

3. All servers used must provide your opponent with a playable ping and not disadvantage them to much with packet loss. Any clan who feels a server is unplayable should ask for an Admins opinion straight away. If in the event that the server is unplayable then a new server should be found. If you do not raise an issue with a server during the match the league cannot intervene at a later date!

4. ALL SERVERS MUST use the league issued config file (will be uploaded soon) and the latest punkbuster version.

5. Servers with abnormal settings may be banned for matches by the league and or classed as cheating!

Last edited by engine on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:58 pm; edited 8 times in total
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum:

I. Client or Serverlogfiles for each map has to be submitted after each Match.
They have to be uploaded in the corrosponding thread in the EETFL Forum

II. If problems occour before at matchstart or during the match, and both clans can't find an agreement while no admin is available, an admin has to be informed by EMail or PM and the match will be rescheduled.

Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. By default, all matches are to be started in matchmode. If both clans agree, "cease fire"-start is allowed too.

I don't necessarily think using "cease fire start" is a good idea. I can see both sides of this however. Clans want to choose their respawns which isn't possible with matchmode, but you also have to look at the fact that "cease fire" depends on a player, and you can always have human error. Matchmode does not allow for that factor. I don't think picking the respawn you want is that big of a deal. Expand your skills and learn fast routes to the flag (off or def) from all spawns. It's inevitable that you will die during match play, and you don't get to choose your spawn when you are fragged. So, I don't see the reason to pick on start up. It makes it even for both clans, regardless of skill.

MHO.
Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps like bases, spring and smartbases2 are just plain stupid if the matchmode start is used. In these the off is able to reach the flag well before def has a chance to get there unless the def has positioned themselves where they need to be during the cease fire. It has nothing to do with learning the fastest routes for def. Unless you are lucky with the spawns, you have no way of stopping the first capture against an experienced recon.

In my opinion, cease fire should be the default option like it has always been in ETF games.
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm.. BASES???? Laughing
I've expected many maps.. but not bases!
lol

Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bases. This is how it's done: http://moose.pp.fi/previews/bases_fastcap.avi (or http://moose.pp.fi/previews/ if the direct url doesn't work for you).

Easy to stop with cease fire start, very hard with matchmode.
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry moose... you misunderstood me.
I know that the offense can be very fast at the enemy flag on bases.
My point was that its indifferent if its matchmode or ceasefire, just because there are only 2 respawns and both have exactly the same distance to get to the yard or the ramproom.

Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, with matchmode start it's very unlikely to get to your own flag before the recon since there is almost always someone who blocks your rj in the respawn. With cease fire, it can easily be avoided.
fyllo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Moose, there is a reason matchmode is never used.
sUNnY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matchmode is better.

Because so many times that the Timecounter goes to (for example) 30min. and the admin 'oversleeps' Cease fire off on the server for some 0.5sec.
So whats about these seconds when you run to the door and its close and you must go back to the bag?

"there is a reason matchmode is never used"
...mmmhhhh... by habit Very Happy

dAyKiLLeR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine said to me there will be a vote about it if matchmode or cease fire should be default. Where is this vote??

(I am for cease aswell of course)
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a text with my point and all pro's and con's here:
http://www.eetfl.org/news/latest/gamestart.html

You can also find the voting there.
But PLEASE read the text before you vote!

Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

engine wrote:
I wrote a text with my point and all pro's and con's here:
http://www.eetfl.org/news/latest/gamestart.html

Looks to me like you wrote only the pro's there Wink

Well... I'll drop the subject now since I think I've made my opinion clear.
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose wrote:
Looks to me like you wrote only the pro's there Wink

Why? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I also wrote about the disadvantage of Matchmode is, that you can't decide what respawn point you begin the game in.

This really make me angry, because i wrote about all aspects you said, too!!!!!
Then don't call me liar! Evil or Very Mad

I only relativated it because i see this not as a disadvantage but just another challenge (atleast for 8on8)
@Folly: I see your point that its a problem on 4on4 on some maps... but as i said.. not on 8vs8.
If team communication works then a good team can manage it on 8vs8.

engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Format Rule changes:

7. There will be a different mappool of 5 maps each, for every round. One of them has to be selected by each clan when submitting the challenge.

(was 4 maps before)

Last edited by engine on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    European ETF League - EETFL Forum Index -> EETFL - Season 12 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: