C.G. Computerservice

Imprint

Login Form

Register new account  ]
Lost Password?  ]
Resend Activation EMail  ]

Syndicate

Rules suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    European ETF League - EETFL Forum Index -> ETF 4v4 Highlander Ladder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Rules suggestions Reply with quote

Anyone out there who want to help out writing the Highlander Rules?
All suggestions welcome.

Same for mappool and allowed gametypes.. (CTF, C&H, Reverse)?
The Default Mappool from last EETFL is here: http://www.eetfl.org/forums/nukeladder.php?op=listmaps&id=5

If you want some maps in or out. Tell it, and explain why.

I wanted to open the 4v4 this weekend, so dont wait too long.

Xeh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the old 4v4 site with a list of rules.

http://reve.fi/4vs4/?Rules
fyllo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those rules looks good, but sniper should be limited as 1 just like every other class, cant see the point in banning that one..
Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with keeping the sniper. If a team wants to use a sniper for DEF or OFF I think thats fine, as long as they don't yard on DEF. Only exception would be if the flag was out in the open. People crap on sniper class and call it lame, but a skilled sniper is a very effective class used properly.

The rest of the rules from the old 4v4 site looked fine tho.
fyllo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preacher wrote:
I agree with keeping the sniper. If a team wants to use a sniper for DEF or OFF I think thats fine, as long as they don't yard on DEF. Only exception would be if the flag was out in the open. People crap on sniper class and call it lame, but a skilled sniper is a very effective class used properly.

The rest of the rules from the old 4v4 site looked fine tho.

I dont think yardsniper is a good tactic anyway, i think it would suck to yardsnipe. If i play against a clan i wouldn't whine if they yardsnip, just jump past him and then they only have 3 def in the base Razz
Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yeah, this is true! It's a terrible tactic, but can be annoying to slower classes, like OFF Minigunner! Shocked
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what i wrote so far. If you want any changes, request them here.

Code:
Format:

1. The ETF Highlander 4vs4 Ladder is designed to be a alltime ladder.

2. The Ladder is played 4vs4. Offense vs. Defense

3. ALL Game-Modes major gamemodes are allowed! CTF, reverse CTF as well as 1-flag and C&H. If nothing different is agreed in the challenge, then CTF is played!

4. You can challenge any Team up to 3 positions above your team on the ladder!

5. Teams has to have at least 4 Players and max. 6 Players.

6. If a Clan does not have access to a server it will be played on a league server.
If the league cannot provide one for them then that Clan will have to play it's home map on it's opponents server.

7. Clans are required to submit all challenges on the League system.

8. All challenges has to be sent at least 7 days in advance. Furthermore you have to suggest 3 different dates for the match. The challenged clan can choose one of them (The earliest date suggested, has to be 7 days in advance.). If you want to challenge a clan more shortdated, you MUST ASK THEM BEFORE you send the challenge!
IMPORTANT: If a clan is challenged that short dated, and he can't play, then he SHOULD CONTACT AN ADMIN! We will then delete the challenge from the system without any point loss for both teams.
DO NOT USE THE DECLINE BUTTON, IN THAT CASE!

9. If a clan can't play on one of the suggested Matchdays, they have to decline the match. Declination result in a -1 point penality.
If a clan declined a match, intentionally or not, it cant be changed anymore.

10. If any clan abuse that exception and make such short dated challenges without asking the enemy clan regularly, the Admins reserve the right of a penatity for that clan.

11. Each clan can pick one map from the map-pool. They can not pick the same map.

12. Due to the Ladder format, new clans can join anytime.

13. The ranking is based on points. These are calculated mainly by the number of wins. If two clan have the same number of wins, the number of caps decides the rank.

14. Admins can change that rules stated here anytime. Changes will be clearly visible announced in the Forum.

15. Any attempt to cheat will result in a disqualification for the clan and a lifetime ban for the player.

Matches:

1. Matches will consist of two maps of 2x10min, each.
(First Round Team1 Offense, Team2 Defense
2nd Round Team1 Defense, Team2 Offense)
One map is played on each Clans server on the scheduled matchday. If the match has started, there is no option to defer the 2nd map to another date.

1b. If 1-flag or C&H is choosen, the corrosponding map is played for 20min, because Off vs. Def. isn't possible for obvious reasons

2. Maps will be played 4vs4 offence versus defence.

3. During the change from offence to defence, and the other way round, only one player is allowed to be changed. When map is changed you may change 2 players.

4. If only one clan is present at the scheduled date & time, he has to wait 15min for other clan to connect. If then still no one there, contact league admin immeadiately, for a def-win.

5. If not one of both clans are present, both will get a penality of -1 Points.

6. By default, all matches are to be started in ceasefire mode. If both clans agree, matchmode is allowed too.

7. Team kills on

8. All Classlimits to 1 on all maps, if not overridden (in meaning of disabling a class) by map config.

9. No Anti spam rule

10. Match Admins are not required.

11. No spectators other than those authorised by the league unless the clans agree differently

12 Team talk only during matches! Abuse of mm1 will be tracked by the admins. Such abuse should be primarly warned and then punished in appropriate matter according to the level of abuse. PS. Due to this rule being relatively unexact, some mm1 will be tolerated, which is meant in a good manner. :)

13. Allowed to play for a clan are only those players, who are listed in the clan "members" section on the clanlist page. This list can be changed, but teamsize is never allowed to be more then 6.

14. If a member of a clan wishes to change his/her clan, he has to be removed from the old teams' roster and added to the new one's before he can play. The transfer must also be posted/confirmed by at least 1 of the relevant clans on the "Player Transfer" board. Nonconfirmed clanchanges will be considered as fictive and hence the player will be considered as a ringer in his "new" clan.

15. A player is entitled for only one clanchange per month.

16. It's not allowed to play for more then one clan at once in the same ladder.

17. Ringers are not allowed by default, unless the clans agree differently. For retrace reasons this also has to be noted by BOTH Teams in the 'Additional info' field when sending a challenge. (RINGERS ALLOWED for example)
Alternativly contact an admin before the match to inform that ringers are allowed.
If a clan uses ringer or nickfaker while not accepted by both clans, it is evaluated as a unfair action, resulting in a -1 points penalty for the clan.

18. The names in the Memberlist have to be used for matches! Fakenicks are not allowed at all and result in -1 penalty for the clan.

19. 2 points will be awarded for each round won, 1 points will be awarded for a draw and 0 points for a lose

20. Results always have to be posted to the league system by the loosing team!

Server:

1. All servers used for matches must be password protected

2. All servers used must be located in Europe by default. US Server are also possible but needs to be confirmed by a league admin. As a guideline, all eastcoast located server with good interconnection will be allowed. Railbait for example is ok.

3. All servers used must provide your opponent with a playable ping and not disadvantage them to much with packet loss. Any clan who feels a server is unplayable should ask for an Admins opinion straight away. If in the event that the server is unplayable then a new server should be found. If you do not raise an issue with a server during the match the league cannot intervene at a later date!

4. ALL SERVERS MUST use the league issued config file (will be uploaded soon) and the latest punkbuster version.

5. Servers with abnormal settings may be banned for matches by the league and or classed as cheating!

Last edited by engine on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum:

I. If problems occour before at matchstart or during the match, and both clans can't find an agreement while no admin is available, an admin has to be informed by EMail or PM and the match will be rescheduled.

II. A clan can exclude specific days in the clan details page!
(For example: No Mon., Tue., Fri.)
If you challenge a clan you have to check such exclusions first. If your clan is challenged only on days you have excluded, then you can message an admin for a cancelation of the match with no point loss for your team.
DO NOT USE DECLINE BUTTON THEN.

engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matchrule 1b added
fyllo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6. By default, all matches are to be started in matchmode. If both clans agree, "cease fire"-start is allowed too.

I dont like that rule, i think it should be cease fire by default. The reason for that is when you start in matchmode, all players in 1 team can spawn in the "wrong" spawn, and the other clan can get a huge advantage, it can even decide a whole match, its only 10 minutes and a lucky start can decide the whole outcome of the game, and i dont think thats a good idea. Ceasefire is better, so you can shoose the spawn you want to start in.

Another question, do you get points if you win a match when you're not the challanging team? you got challange by another team. And can a clan play alot if games and benefit from that? only play less good clans and advance in the league because of that? Without challangeing the "better" teams..
engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bout ceasefire start...
hmm on 4on4 you're maybe right. I still think it don't make a difference.. But i'll think about it.

About the points.
I think i know what you want to know....
You can not gain a position on the ladder without beating a team above you!

Example:
TeamA
TeamB
TeamC

Team C can loose vs. Team B 1000x but TeamB has to win vs. TeamA go get its position.

engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matchrule changes:

6. Default start by ceasefire instead of matchmode

added:

20. Results always have to be posted to the league system by the loosing team!

engine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C&H will be allowed too. (Orbital 4on4 - All CPs)

therefore i changed Format Rule 3 and Match Rule 3b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    European ETF League - EETFL Forum Index -> ETF 4v4 Highlander Ladder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: